Home-Start Stafford and District are a local charity based in Stafford, Staffordshire, covering the Borough of Stafford.
We provide support and friendship to any family in the Stafford and the surrounding districts who have at least one child under the age of five.
A local family might need support for one of the following reasons:
- feeling isolated in the community and struggling to make friends
- suffering from post-natal illness
- coping with the death of a loved one
- coping with a child’s illness
- struggling to cope with a disability
- going through relationship problems
- to help with the emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets
- help with practical things like budgeting or healthy eating
We recruit and train volunteers to work with a family in their own home for a few hours a week. All of our volunteers have parenting experience themselves so that they can understand what a family is going through. The volunteers won’t judge a family, but will just be there to support in whatever way the family needs.